Wedding Photography Frequently Asked Questions
• How long have you been shooting weddings and engagement sessions?
We have been in business for over 7 years. Photographing weddings is primarily what we do at
• How many weddings have you photographed? How big were those weddings?
In past years we have photographed over 200 wedding celebrations, ranging from very intimate (as small as elopement of only 2 people) to multiple day events with over 300 guests.
• Have you shot a wedding at my reception venue before? If not, do you plan to check it out in advance?
We have worked at so many beautiful locations in and all around Philadelphia, that most likely YES, we’ve been at your venue before. But if not, again YES, we will be happy to visit the place to scout
• Do you have a portfolio of recent weddings you've shot — from start to finish — that I can browse?
Of course, we’d be happy to show you our recent work, from bride preparations all the way to the cake cutting! Just ask, and we will send you a private link to the gallery.
• How would you describe your
On your wedding
• What type of equipment do you use?
We use top of the line Canon gear, as well as professional lighting equipment.
• Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like?
Yes, we will be glad to use your list of requested photos on the day of the wedding. If it’s in our power, we’ll make them happen! Of
• If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does that cover?
If your wedding is more than an hour away from 19020 ZIP code, there could be a travel fee charge of $50/hour of travel. Destination weddings or weddings that would require us to stay overnight will be discussed directly with the couple and will be based on the individual situation.
• What packages do you offer?
We offer multiple wedding packages that vary by hours (6, 8, 10 etc.) and also to what is included with them. We’ll be happy to customize any option to fit your needs and wishes! Contact us today to request a copy of our wedding packages.
• Do you include engagement photos in your packages?
Engagement sessions are lots of fun! For some packages it is included. However, if you just want to see how we work, and how comfortable and happy we’ll make you feel during the session, you could book the engagement session separately with no strings attached to book the wedding.
• Can you put together a slideshow of the engagement session to show during cocktail hour? How about an "instant" slideshow of the ceremony to show at the reception?
Yes, we will be happy to provide you with a slideshow on the day of the wedding,
•What type of album designs do you offer? Do you provide any assistance in creating an album?
Absolutely! You just need to select your favorite photographs (or you could leave it up to us!), and we’ll do everything else. Our album layouts are custom made based on your taste, and we offer a wide variety of covers (genuine leather, glass, photo cover, etc.).
• Do you provide retouching, color adjustment, or other corrective services?
All of our wedding photography packages include color-corrected and enhanced photographs, as well as minor retouching on close-up portraits (when needed). Extensive Photoshop work could be requested at the additional per hour rate.
• How long after the wedding will I get to see my photos? Will they be viewable online? Will I get a thumb drive?
It takes about 5-6 weeks to process your wedding photographs, and we’ll send you a link to the password-protected online gallery. Once you approve your proofs, we will put your full resolution, watermark-free wedding photos on a thumb drive and you can pick it up at our office at your convenience.
• Will you be posting about our wedding on social media sites (Blogs, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)?
We love to rave about weddings! We will create a super awesome post on our blog or Facebook page within a few days after your wedding! You’ll be able to tag all your friends dancing and having fun, and best of all you get to see your photos from your Big Day in no time!
• Do I need to sign a contract?
Yes, to protect our clients, we have a contract to sign. It outlines our
• How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? When is the rest of the payment due?
To reserve your wedding date we ask for a 20% retainer. It is due when you sign your contract. The rest of the balance is due either before or on the day of your wedding.
• Can we negotiate a price or get discounts?
Our packages and services are priced accordingly to the current market and the quality of work we provide, so the investment you make is fully justified. On top of that we gladly offer an Express booking discount (when you sign the agreement and make a retainer within 7 days of the initial consultation), and a Bundle discount (when you book multiple services/products). We also offer a Military Discount.
• Do you have liability insurance?
Yes, we are fully covered by liability insurance, and able add your venue
• Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you (or my scheduled photographer) are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason?
Yes, we always have
• Is it okay if other people take photos while you're taking photos?
In our days of
• What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
The contract that you sign will have all necessary questions to answer, so we can be fully prepared for your wedding day.
Congratulations on making it all the way to the bottom of this page! You have read some boring but important stuff. Good job! Since you spent this much time reading, we are pretty sure you should contact us about your wedding day, and we’ll have a nice chat!